Sunday 17 June 2007

Tuesday 12 June- Gogarth.

Britomartis - HVS 4c ***. William Ripley.

After getting lost looking for the crag, due to our combined incompetence we evetually got sorted and abbed down to do this route. found a number 5 nut on the ledge, which was nice. Watching seals playing, whilst belaying was magic. Dad was less than pleased when I asked him if he was safe on the Crux. Although his pitch was a juggy romp, it was mega pumpy and quite bold, great route pitch. The top pitch was brill too, with a cool traverse. Super route.

Wen - HVS 5a ***. With William Ripley.

This roue, confirms my view that Joe brown was/is the gaffer. Dad lead the first pitch, which despite being an evil offwidth and him dropping one of my cams into the sea was brilliant. I then attempted to lead the next pitch, which was going well until i got to this stopper move at a bludge. Whilst attempting to climb that a big wire, that I had presumed bomber just lifted out, scareing the living be'jebus out of me, making me totally gripped. At this ponit I down climbed and Dad lead the rest of the pitch. The top pitch was good and with hindsight I should have lead it. C'est la vie - good route though.

No comments: